Victim / Witness Program
About the ProgramThe Colonial Heights Victim/Witness Assistance Program’s Director is Laure Hahn. Her office is located inside the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. Please contact Laure Hahn at (804) 520-9258 if you have any questions. Some of the services offered, free of charge, are as follows:
- Assistance in filing a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund for reimbursement of medical bills, counseling, mileage, wage loss, etc.
- Advanced notice of judicial proceedings and case status information.
- Assistance in requesting and obtaining court ordered restitution for losses incurred as a result of the crime.
- Scheduling a meeting with the prosecutor assigned to your case.
- Escorts to court for support and courtroom explanations.
- Assistance in filing for a Protective Order.
- Notification if the defendant is released from jail.
- Referrals to social services, counselors, support groups, legal aid, etc.
- Placement in a shelter or safe house if needed.
- Courtroom tours before the trial date.
- You just need to talk to someone.
Important Phone Numbers
|Victim/Witness Assistance Program||(804) 520-9258|
|Commonwealth's Attorney's Office||(804) 520-9293|
|Colonial Heights Police Non-Emergency||(804) 520-9300|
|Crime Solvers||(804) 748-0660|
|Circuit Court||(804) 520-9364|
|General District/Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court||(804) 520-9346|
| Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Outreach Program
(The James House)
| (804) 458-2840
|Sheriff's Office||(804) 520-9352|
|YWCA (Domestic Violence Shelter)||(804) 796-3066|
|Legal Aid||(804) 862-1100|