About the Senior Center
The Senior Citizen Center is adjacent to the Community Building at 157 Roanoke Avenue. It is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Center is open to adults 55 years of age and older who are City Residents. The Nutrition Program is open to City Residents 60 years of age or older who meet the qualifications. Please call (804) 520-9220 for information and (804) 520-9219 for transportation. If you enjoy being with people, then we have something for you. See the bottom of this page for our Exercise and Activities schedules and don't forget to check out our upcoming trips.
Colonial Heights Transportation Services
Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (With services being provided from 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- As of July 1, 2018: Services have been expanded to include adult special needs or handicapped City residents under 60.
- As of August 1, 2018: Hours have been expanded to 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays (With services being provided from 8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
Additional Transportation Service Program Information:
Service will be available only to Colonial Heights residents who are at least 60 years of age, and adult special needs or handicapped Colonial Heights residents.
- Transportation will be available to and from any Colonial Heights destination and for medical appointments only to and from Petersburg, Hopewell and the Puddledock Road area of Prince George County.
- Services will be administered through the Colonial Heights Senior Transportation division of the Agency on Aging. Registration for services is required and is available by calling Senior Transportation at (804)520-9219.
- There are no fees for transportation services, however donations are accepted.
- It's mandatory that you schedule appointments with us no less than 24 hours before your suggested route. We recommend scheduling as soon as you know you need transportation.
Crater Area Agency on AgingThe Crater Area Agency on Aging is a local aging program that provides information and services on a range of assistance for older adults. By contacting your local agency you get access to critical information including:
• Available service in your area
• Mobility assistance programs, meal plans & housing
• Assistance in gaining access to services
• Individual counseling, support groups and caregiver training
• Respite care
• Supplemental services, on a limited basis
Click here for more information.
Schedule of Activities
Senior Citizen Club
The Senior Citizen Club was organized in 1968 and is sponsored by the Department of Recreation and Parks. It is open to Senior Citizens 50 years of age and older who are City Residents. The Club meets at 1:15 pm on the first three Thursdays of the month at the Community Center and on the fourth Thursday of the month at Golden Corral Restaurant.