About the Police Department
The Colonial Heights Police Department provides a safe environment for all citizens by:
- Enforcing all laws fairly and impartially
- Maintaining a high, visible police presence throughout the community
- Deterring criminal activity
Accredited by the VIRGINIA LAW ENFORCEMENT PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS COMMISSION since 2013.
The Colonial Heights Police Department is organizationally structured into three Divisions - Operations, Law Enforcement Services and Investigations.
The Operations Division consists primarily of the Patrol Division and is the most visible Colonial Heights Police Department division, providing around-the-clock service to the residents and visitors of Colonial Heights.
Law Enforcement Services Division
The Law Enforcement Services Division provides support to all officers and the Colonial Heights Police Department Command Staff.
Investigations DivisionThe Investigations Division is comprised of criminal investigators who gather facts and collect evidence for serious or complex criminal cases.
Excellence in Public Service
The men and women of the Colonial Heights Police Department are committed to providing a professional response to the needs of the community. It is the department’s goal to provide excellence in public service by establishing partnerships with citizens and the community.
The mission of the Colonial Heights Police Department is to protect the life, individual liberty, and property of all people within the City of Colonial Heights, to develop and actively pursue a positive relationship with members of the community, and to foster a positive working environment for members of the Colonial Heights Police Department.
The employees of the Colonial Heights Police Department are committed to accomplishing this mission through attainment of the following goals:
- Preserving individual rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States
- Effectively enforcing state and local laws and ordinances
- Aggressively investigating criminal offenses
- Providing timely apprehension of persons suspected of committing criminal acts
- Effectively managing departmental resources for optimal service delivery to all citizens
- Providing impartial, competent, and courteous service to the public without regard to race, creed, or gender