Purpose and Mission of CADRE
Colonial Heights CADRE is a volunteer, civic organization that is dedicated to the prevention of substance abuse among the youth. CADRE addresses underage drinking, smoking and illegal drug use in Colonial Heights. Through the distribution of literature and events like “Project Sticker Shock”, CADRE hopes to increase the level of community awareness regarding the negative effects of substance abuse.
The Office on Youth and the CADRE Coalition have formed a community partnership to address this issue. Resources are available to assist parents with communicating values and resistance skills to their children, to support substance free activities in Colonial Heights, and to increase teen leadership through participation in Colonial Heights High School CADRE and YADAPP (Youth Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Project).
The CADRE Coalition meets on the third Monday of the month at the Colonial Heights Public Library meeting room at 3:00 pm. Youth participation is encouraged at these meetings as well as regularly scheduled meetings at the High School. CADRE seeks to have a broad representation of community members to effectively address substance abuse at many different levels. If you have an interest in serving on the CADRE Coalition, please call the Office on Youth at 804-520-9286.
Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention Websites
- theAntiDrug.com - good site for parents
- AlcoholScreening.org - if you consume alcoholic beverages, it is very important to know whether your drinking patterns are safe, risky or harmful. This confidential Website will help you find out.
- AbovetheInfluence.com - good site for teens
- https://startyourrecovery.org/ -good resource for teens/parents
- https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/treatment/how-to-get-someone-into-rehab/-resource information