About the Registrar
The Colonial Heights Registrar is an official appointed to a four-year term by a three-member Electoral Board of the city. The Registrar is responsible for voter registration and duties associated with organizing and conducting all city elections.
The Registrar is formally charged with responsibilities for compliance with the directives of the Electoral Board, the State Board of Elections, the Commonwealth of Virginia Election Code, and the City Council to serve the voters of the city in the most effective manner possible.
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for all day-to-day operations regarding elections administration, including but not limited to:
- Absentee voting
- Administration of polling places during elections
- Maintaining voter registration and electoral records
- Processing candidates for all local elections
- Voter registration
Colonial Heights is an independent city located 25 miles south of Richmond with a population of approximately 18,275 and 13,035 registered voters. The city belongs to the following districts:
- Fourth Congressional District
- Twelfth State Senatorial District
- Seventy-Fourth House of Delegate District